Monday, September 22, 2008

Layouts from Last Week and Some News!

We finished up Week 2 over at Nook University. I am in no way winning the challenge, but I am having such an awesome time and getting lots of layouts done! Before I show what I have done, I just want to add something. I have heard or read several people saying that they want to scrapbook, but they just can't seem to get themselves motivated to do so. Let me say, "I know the feeling". I was SO feeling the same way for most of this year. I did seem to do some when we would all get together to scrap, but hardly took time at home to scrap by myself. And then in August, Leah encouraged me to join her in the Dixie Pieces online crop. I completed maybe 4 or 5 of their challenges and came away with a year subscription to Scrapbooks, Etc. and a nice RAK. This got me inspired and I found other challenges to participate in and haven't stopped. It is so much fun and it keeps me motivated to do more. I may win some, but mostly I don't. My satisfaction comes in seeing how productive I have been. So if you are one of those who feel the same way as I did for most of 2008, jump in there and do a challenge and just see what happens! If you are like me, there won't be any stopping you after that!

Ok, on to some layouts. This first one was for an elective in Dance 101. The rules were to use a number #1-8 (because dance is based on 8 steps) and if you did it about dance you got extra credit. I used all 8 numbers and did mine about Annessa and her friends doing Libby Lu and then getting to perform their dance.This layout was for History and was a Core Class, meaning it had to be done in order to go on to the next week. We had to scrapbook about us, our heritage and use something old on the layout. The picture had to be at least 20 years old. I used a picture of me when I was about 4. I don't really like scrapping old pictures, but I was glad to do something a little different from my norm. My old something is a page from The World Book Encyclopedia from 1968....I used it to cut out flowers.Another Core Class was Chemistry. We had to scrap about someone whom we have chemistry with, about meeting them and why we like them. I did some pictures from our wedding. I love all that red in this layout.This layout was done for extra credit in History. We had to use a Michael Jackson song title. I used The Way You Love Me because it went so well with these pictures. The journaling says, "Little Miss Amelia, I absolutely love the way that you love me! I love you so very much that I could just eat you up. Obviously, you love me that much too! Love, Mamma."
This elective for Psychology/Socioloy was to scrap about a ritual or routine. I chose our yearly ritual of pumpkin carving to do.
This was an interesting assignment. Another core class...Economics. We were to use a sketch and do a layout specifically about what we love and what we hate to spend money on. I took pictures of different things and journaled around the picture why I loved/hated to spend money on it. The things I loved were kit clubs, clothing for the children, clothing for me, and things for the house. The things I hated to spend on were home repairs, copays, gas and taxes. This isn't a layout that fits into the albums I have, but I think that it will be neat to look back on.
For extra credit, we had to make a birthday card that had a place to hold money. I'm not a card-maker, but here is what I did.
That is all for Nook U. We have some interesting assignments this week to work on.

This is the layout I did for Scrapbook Challenges Sketch #109. Come on over and give us your interpretation to this awesome sketch. There are also 2 great challenges posted as well. Remember, for every layout you do, you get your name in the drawing this month for an awesome RAK from American Crafts. See the picture of all you get here!
And last, but most certainly not least, I've been asked to be the very first Guest Designer over on the new challenge site, Inkadink Designs. Please stop by and see all the work of the talented design team! Currently they are on Challenge #1 which is a great one. I will be working this week on it as well as the challenge Andrea has issued to me for next month.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

WOW! You have done a lot of scrap pages! Love the way you love me! Kalen does that too! Congrats on the designer spot! Very cool.

Celeste B. said...

You have really been busy. Congrats on getting so many of the challenges done at Nook U.

Jenny Svensson said...

Your layouts are fab! I especially love the "Old School" one, it's really cute

Pamela said...

Great LO's!!! I love them all, that card too...it is great. And congrats on the DT gig. :)