Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

For Christmas this year, we have 8 kids to think about for presents. That starts adding up to lots of money especially when the grandparents are divorced and so we have to get together two times to do presents. When they were all small, it wasn't so bad. But as you know, the older the children get, the more expensive the gifts get. So, this year, we decided to draw names at one house...that way we only buy one present per person in our family...that's fair! And then for the other house, we decided to make our gifts. Me and my sister-in-laws have been doing that for each other for sometime now. We have had gifts such as ornaments, jingle-bell doorhangers, and even a cute winter penguin made from a bowling pin. So, we decided to let the children make gifts for the other children as well. (Of course, some of us have more time than say the mother who is in nursing school, so we know that the crafts may be of all degrees of difficulty and that is totally understandable.) All of this to say, that I came up with an idea after seeing another idea at my LSS on Saturday. The owner had her Christmas tree up with ornaments. Some of the ornaments she had hanging were large circles with scrapbooked pictures of her family on them. She told me she was doing a class on them this month and that they were made from c.d.s. Well, when I got home, Annessa and I made one. It was cute but it got me thinking about what else I could make out of c.d.s. So here you go. I made this for Annessa today while she was at school. When I showed it to her she loved it. So this is what we are going to make for the other girls. We'll make something different for the boys and little babies. I have just one word to tell how I did this...Crop-A-Dile! There is no other way I could punch the hole through the c.d.s and thick paper.

Before....















After....






























No comments: