Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blogger Awards and some Layouts

What a week! I've been blogging for over two years now and have never received a "blog award". And then all of a sudden, in less than one week's time, I have received 3 blog awards! So, Thank You to those people out there that actually come over here to read and see my scrappy stuff from time to time. Y'all are awesome!

Both Chelsey and Marie tagged me with this "Fab" award. Thanks Chelsey and Marie!!
I'm suppose to name 5 Addictions:
  1. Mountain Dew (Chelsey, I see you are like me). I'm trying to give it up...or at least cut back!
  2. Scrapbooking....I just have to do it. It's my passion, my obsession and my way to unwind after a tiring day!
  3. My Family.....love 'em all!
  4. New stuff.....seeing all the sneak peeks from CHA is killing me! I want it all!
  5. Shopping...I love to buy stuff: scrap, clothes, house stuff, office supplies! It's so much fun!
And now to tag 5 more people, but I've not been a very good blog reader lately! So, instead, the next 5 comments I receive can consider themselves tagged!! I know I'm cheating, but please, give me a break! ;)

Lydia tagged me with this Funky Award. Thanks Lydia!!Same story....if you comment, you are now the proud winner of this same Funky Award!!!!!

Now on to some layouts.

I got to come up with Challenge #13 going on now over on Scrap Whispers. Since the 23rd is National Handwriting Day, my challenge is to journal on your layout with your own handwriting. Here is my example:I wrote to Annessa and Amelia about the special bond between sisters. Head on over to SW to do this challenge. Bittersweet is the prize for one lucky winner!!

I have some happy news to share! WiseScrappers, my local scrapbook store has asked me to be on their design team! Woo Hoo! I'm really excited about working together with Brenda and Sheryl. AND....Leah! She was asked to join them too. The above layout for SW was using products from their store. We are in the process of putting together some kits with our layouts as examples. I did this other layout on Saturday using the Basic Grey Periphery Line.
I used the scraps I had left over to make this card. Simple.

No comments: