Thursday, June 7, 2007

Getting Scrappy With It!

As promised, here is a quick post to show some of the recent layouts I have done. As you may or may not have known, Friday night was our monthly scrapbooking get-together. Six hours of scrap and I proudly finished a whopping 2 layouts! I guess you can tell I talked quite a bit while I was there. The first layout I did was for OLW. The word this time is "Stop" and when I saw it, the song by Vanilla Ice popped into my head. You know, "Alright, Stop. Collaborate and listen. Ice is back......" So this is what I came up with:
I found me some Love Elsie at the LSS on Thursday and was so excited to use it. I used a Pencil Lines sketch for this one.
On Tuesday, I worked the polls for the constitutional ammendment for our state. There were only 2 questions so we weren't expecting too many to show up to vote. The other ladies I was volunteering with told me to be sure to bring something to do so I wouldn't get bored. So I took my office chair and the same bag of supplies that I took Friday night. I sat it up so that I could sit at the table and do what I needed to do when a voter came in. Then when no one was there to vote, I just spun around and had my stuff all laid out on the table behind me. I had put together several "kits" of patterned paper, cardstock, and matching embellishments for Friday's crop so this is what I had to use. It worked out great! And I was able to get so much done....10 pages! So without further ado, here they are.

This one I did for the Unpubbed challenge.
Used some Hambly rub-ons here:
I use so much of this Magnolia paper by My Mind's Eye. I love the colors.
Had fun using the pink and brown for this layout of pics I took when Leah gave birth to Natalie in October.
And another one....
This turned out to be one of the simplest, but one of my favorites. I think I paid $1.20 for the ecru/black sheet of paper when we went down to Scrap Etc. last month. And the title is done in blank chipboard that I rubbed with my black ink pad. Just love it!
Annessa said that this was her favorite. I used Ronda's technique for the "Goofy". I was pretty satisfied with how it turned out as well.
This is another fav mostly because of the picture (Get a load of Andrew's expression-it is where I got the title from), but also because of the cool cut-out I added. One of the ladies that I was working with has a hobby of cutting intricate designs from paper with tiny scissors. She cut this out while we were there and gave it to me to use on a page. I thought it fit perfect with this Bohemia Paper. I inked it a bit for a little more definition to it.
This one was a simple one. Another pretty paper I picked up at Scrap Etc. and the MM metal plate was given to me by my SIL on Friday night since she does not have boys. Worked out great for me....
And lastly, here is another one of my favs. I did this one for the Pencil Lines DT search. (BTW, I need to send in two more layouts...any suggestions?) I love these colors! I just can't get enough of them. Check out Andrew once again...Now you can see why Leah and John had to do their "Andrew faces" too! The title says, "A Family Affair". You might not see the "A" because it is a HS ghost letter and is looking rather ghostly. I put rub ons on it to help it stand out, but it is still getting lost. Oh well.
So there you have it. 2 layouts from Friday night and 10 from Tuesday. Are you scrapbook paged out?

No comments: